Viewfield supports Shared Table
SUPPORTING FAMILIES AND COMMUNITY GROUPS ACROSS THE MACEDON RANGES
Shared Table is a not-for-profit organisation comprising a group of dedicated women based in the Mount Macedon Ranges, who are committed to building strong community relationships through offering practical assistance to local Macedon Ranges families and individuals as and when it is needed.
All of the Shared Table members are volunteers. This ensures that the proceeds from fundraising can go directly to people that need its help.
We regularly conduct fundraising events throughout the year, from a biennial Oak’s Day lunch to an annual ‘Open Garden at Viewfield’ and a children’s Christmas Party where Father Christmas usually arrives on a bright red fire engine, much to the delight of both children and adults.
Some of the ways Shared Table has assisted the community are:
• Laptop computer for a young man with disabilities. The Laptop will help him with his Polytechnic College course.
• Weekly accommodation costs for a family to stay in Ronald McDonald House while their child underwent cancer treatment
• Gym fees for a young man undertaking rehab after a car accident
• Kyneton Hospital – gift of various items used to set up a place where palliative care and dementia patients can spend time, relax and meet other patients
• Wood for a grandmother who is a full time carer for her grandchildren
• $3,800 donated to Riddells Creek Lions to pay for costs of a wheelchair carousel at the children’s park
• Membership fees and uniforms for two boys to join the Gisborne Soccer Club
• $10,000 donated to Heads Together to help with costs of running a camp for families with members who have Acquired Brain Injury